For World Book Day this week: Geography yr7-10 are going to do a series of activities preparing and culminating in a piece of work worthy of being part of a display. Best pieces of each year will also receive a bumper number of positives.
The final challenge will be: Write an extract of a chapter of a book you are writing on your travels around the world. Write about a full day in somewhere in the world of your choice!
What I am looking for in terms of the content of your travel writing:
• Provide opinions of your place (good and bad)
• Provide detailed descriptions of what you can see, smell, hear, taste and feel.
• Describe what you do that day, from when you wake up to when you go to bed. Include timings.
• Describe how you are travelling, what you are carrying and where you are travelling to.
• Who do you talk to? What do they say?
• Provide historical, geographical and cultural information about the people and this place. Do they have any particular customs?
• Provide personal information.
Recommended reading: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/221304.Around_the_World_in_80_Days